Any suggestions??

My daughter(21 months) refuses to sleep longer than an hour or two and then she will
scream her head off, I'm confused because she's been a great sleeper since birth...Here recently she has had some trouble staying asleep until morning, some days she will go to bed and stay asleep and then other days she will just sit in her crib screaming to the top of her lungs...I know that you are suppose to try to let them calm themselves down or soothe themselves back to sleep I try to wait her out but she doesnt stop so i have no choice but to go get her which starts a pattern of "hey if i scream and cry long enough mom will come and get me" plus I have 2 other children and a husband that has to get up early for work so I throw in the towel just so they can get their sleep.....I dont know what to do...She needs her sleep
Is there something wrong??? Is this a phase she's going through???

armywife2bnm

Asked by armywife2bnm at 12:21 PM on Jan. 14, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• It's probably a phase. I'm not sure there is much you can do but just get through it. Is she still napping during the day? Maybe either cut the nap completely or shorten it so she's good and tired at night.
    Braydens_Mama06

Answer by Braydens_Mama06 at 12:44 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• It might be a phase but I would take her to the DR. just to make sure she doesn't have an ear infection or something.
    kenee

Answer by kenee at 12:31 PM on Jan. 14, 2011