i had a baby about 16 mnths ago and delivered him by a c section. does anyone have any answers to gettin rid of the lower belly buldge. i have tried everything and still havent succeeded.. i exercise daily and eat healthy with a slip here and there but cannot seem to get my belly back where it was.. every other part of my body is back if not in better shape than it was before i got pregnant.. if anyone has any advice i would appreciate it if you could share it

how can i lose my lower belly buldge from my c section

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:56 PM on Jul. 7, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• Do a google search for "c-section belly exercies". Take a look at the different results. If there are any exercises there that you haven't tried, give them a try.

But remember - the muscles in your stomach were stretched beyond belief by the pregnancy and then further damaged by the c-section. Many women find that they never get a flat tummy back. It's one of the reasons so many older women get tummy tucks - not that I'm recommending that! Just be aware that this is normal and try to think of it as a "bagde of motherhood" if it never goes away.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 1:06 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• I didn't have a c-section but I struggle with the same thing, as do a lot of moms. I've watched a lot of my friends become very depressed over having lost their "Pre-baby bodies" and it isn't worth fretting over those last couple pounds for bathing suit season. Try not to worry too much, you can only do so much.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 1:08 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• I have a small pooch from my 3 kids. I've sort of learned to live with it. I don't excerise much, although I should, but I'm content somewhat with what I have. I would focus on the miracle of having a wonderful baby. If you plan to have more children don't do anything drastic until you are done having kids. My one friend had a tummy tuck and I don't think it was worth the $$ and a year later she is at least 15lbs heavier. I would keep doing what you are doing and keep positive.
    Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 1:38 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• My 1st 3 were born vaginally and my bady always fell back into shape. I had a 4th baby 3 yrs ago and I still look pregnant. It's there to stay and all i can do is look at my son and know it is because of him I got my gut, and I'm okay with that. Some people got my size of gut without having kids! So I just try not to give it much thought and look at the positive's.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 3:38 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• Join me doing P90X! It is an extreme workout program but it sounds like you are already in pretty good shape. Seriously it transforms your body! I am in phase 2 (month #2) and already see dramatic changes. (I lost 3 1/2 inches in my hips in one month!) I really notice a difference and my husband says my body is totally transforming. Write me if you want to know more but I am swearing by it now. My site is TeamBeachBody.com/DreamE --I do sell it, but I am sharing because it DOES make a difference. :) Good luck girlie!
    DreamnBigEliza

Answer by DreamnBigEliza at 7:38 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• My sister in law is a pilates instructor, and she tested me a year after my c section, and said that I hadn't even found the muscle taht was cut yet...I was over compensating with my rib area muscles instead...she gave me a couple exercises taht seemes stupid, but after not even connecting with those muscles in a year...I was in pain. I recomend a private session with a pilates instructor.
    itsbabytime

Answer by itsbabytime at 2:35 AM on Jul. 8, 2008

• My first thought is that you may have some separation of the abdomen. That condition is called "diastasis recti."

If you do have some separation, here are some exercises you can do to help it heal:

1. Lie on your back with knees bent and feet flat on the floor. Place your hands on your abdomen with your fingertips pointing down toward your pubic bone. Exhale as you slowly lift your head (and shoulders, if you can) while pressing down and in with your fingers - that will urge the rectus back together.

2. Take a long towel and wrap it around your torso with the ends in front. As you perform a crunch, pull the ends of the towel towards each other in front of your belly button, which will also urge the muscle back together.

3. Lie on your back with knees bent and feet flat on the floor. As you exhale, slowly extend one leg along the floor, feeling your abdomen contract below your belly button. Inhale as you return to the starti
    PlasticSurgeon

Answer by PlasticSurgeon at 2:20 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• tummy tuck honey i have been tring the same stuff for 15 years its the place where you were cut
    joanette

Answer by joanette at 6:44 AM on Jul. 11, 2008