Sick and Pregnant?

I am 8 weeks pregnant and have a sour throat, cough constantly, and a stuffy nose.. My doctor said I can not take ANY medication so I have a few questions... Are there any NATURAL AND HEALTHY ways to make this sickness go away? Does my baby feel sick with me? Can me being sick affect my baby at all?

Shanti0327

Asked by Shanti0327 at 12:34 PM on Jan. 14, 2011 in Pregnancy

• No your sickness doesn't affect the baby and I highly doubt your baby feels your sickness. There isn't much in the way of cold medicines you can take but you can take plain tylenol if you want. You can also try a humidifier (sp?), vicks, cough drops or warm (not super hot) baths. Other than that, get lots of rest and drink plenty of fluids. Feel better!
    Braydens_Mama06

Answer by Braydens_Mama06 at 12:39 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I think your best bet is rest, and try to eat healthy--you can treat the symptoms of a cold but there is no medication that actually cures it. Try hot chamomile tea with lemon and honey to soothe your throat, and breathing the steam can help clear your congestion too.
    A cold shouldn't affect your baby, but I would see your doctor again if you develop a high fever, since overheating isn't good for pregnant women. Hope you feel better soon!!
    bethany169

Answer by bethany169 at 12:40 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• chicken noodle soup, lots of rest a little lemon in your tea,
    gardenchic

Answer by gardenchic at 12:47 PM on Jan. 14, 2011