stage 1 foods or stage 2

I was recently told by a mom that you can skip stage 1 foods and go right to stage 2. its cheaper and you get more. Who has found this to be true? Also my daughter is 5.5 months old and eats very well with the stage 1 foods. When do i make the switch to stage 2?

emilysmom401

Asked by emilysmom401 at 8:48 PM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• At your daughter's age you can probably now do the stage 2 foods if she has done well with stage 1. I think that the only difference is stage 1 are single foods where stage two has a bit more variety and a thicker texture-she may enjoy the change.
    candygirl1030

Answer by candygirl1030 at 8:50 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• yeah i think it would be fine she will probably like the texture and drink less bottles and maybe nap longer :)

Cmm13

Answer by Cmm13 at 9:08 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• They recommend stage 1 foods first because if your child is allergic or responds poorly to a certain veggie or fruit, you can figure out what it is. Stage 2 foods are blended, like corn and sweet potatoes, where as stage 1 is just sweet potatoes. If she is doing well with stage one foods, I think you can start introducing stage 2 foods.
    Anonymous

• A lot of stage 2 foods aren't blended, just look at the label.
    I never used stage 1 and never had a problem.
    JenEliBella

Answer by JenEliBella at 10:59 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Stage 1's are the same as 2's. 2's are bigger w/more variety. Check around too, sometimes supermarkets/Walmart/Target will have sales or better prices over another.
    ZoeKatsMom

Answer by ZoeKatsMom at 8:54 AM on Nov. 13, 2008