If you know the exact day that you conceved how fare along does that make me?

My partner and I did the insemination and we did it on Christmas eve, when I put that into the due date calculator it says Im like 5 weeks and five days. Can that be even if I know i conceived four weeks ago?

MariMitchek

Asked by MariMitchek at 12:58 PM on Jan. 14, 2011 in Pregnancy

• The # of weeks you are starts on the last day of your last period pretty much. So you put in Christmas Eve and they are guessing that you had your period start a week and a half before that. Does that make sense?
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 1:05 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Sorry that is first day of your last period not last day of it
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 1:06 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• You go by the first day of your last period to figure up how many weeks you are. There are some due date calculators on the internet. Most of them ask you when you started your last period and how long your cycles are.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 1:10 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• If you conceived on Dec 24 then your LMP would have been Dec 10th. So they "call" that 5 weeks, even though it is really only 3 weeks. But "they" count from LMP. Think of it as counting from when you started growing the egg, rather than when you "got" pregnant. So you are due Sept 16 plus or minus 2 weeks. BTW I don't know where they got the extra 5 days. That is bogus. You could say that you were inseminated on the 24th but didn't release an egg until 5 days later and be less pregnant, but you can't be more.
    LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 1:46 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• thanks that all really makes since, crazyness. So get this I went to what to expect when your expecting, and if i put in my LMP then it says five weeks. But if I put in the day i conc. it says six weeks and five days. I mean really it dont matter I go to my first doctors appointment on the 2cnd :) and I will have a scheduled c-section.
    MariMitchek

Comment by MariMitchek (original poster) at 2:00 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• If you are having a c-section then you really need to be as accurate as possible with the EDD because you dont want your baby to be taken early!

Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 2:36 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Lol thats really funny man thats so insane my last period was on the 10th of december and i conceived on the 24th of decemeber also last night i went to the hospital cus i was having really bad pains in my right lower stomach and my right lower back they did a ultrasound and im exactly 5 weeks today so you should be 5 weeks too i think our weeks switch over every friday so like next friday me and you would be 6 weeks =) but i also did the due date calculator and it said my due date was september 16th =)
    alexia_09

Answer by alexia_09 at 10:01 PM on Jan. 14, 2011