toddler dandruff

krn81

Asked by krn81 at 1:33 PM on Jan. 14, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• what about it? it's really not normal are you not getting all the soap out of your child's hair? that may be what it is instead of dandruff
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 1:36 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• do you mean cradle cap cuz thats basically dandruff for little ones if so our toddler has it to and i had tried everything and finally asked our dr about it he said it would be ok to use a dandruff shampoo on him once a week just becarefull to not get it into his eyes. Befor you do though i would check with your dr as every dr has a different opion.
    Jaxsmommy09

Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 1:44 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Just last night I heard a mom say that her pediatrician recommended Hand & Shoulders for her 9-month-old's dandruff. However, she did say it DOES burn his eyes if it gets in them.
    Biz1985

Answer by Biz1985 at 1:57 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I would just use baby shampoo. I used those brushes that came with my baby from the doctor and gently brushed his hair. Don't use dandruff shampoo on a baby. Use gently baby shampoo.
    chickychatter

Answer by chickychatter at 2:56 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I think I would try a different shampoo if that were happening to my toddler. Maybe there is something in the shampoo that your toddlers scalp is reacting to.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 5:55 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Not sure of the question lol but....My daughter had horrid cradle cap that wouldnt get better and her hair started coming out with the flakes!! EEK! Finally, the doc said to use head and shoulders on her (she was over a year by then) and we havent had a prob since. She is 2 now. Unfortunately, the dandruff comes back if we try to use anything else so we use it like every other day and she knows to shut her eyes. She also has bad eczema in the cool months too. I just think she is prone to dry skin/scalp. :/
    KaileezMom

Answer by KaileezMom at 8:14 PM on Jan. 14, 2011