I need some make-up help? A few things are new to me.

So today I went and bought me some make up so I can do a make over. Now I know about mascara, eyeliner and lipstick. So today I bought some bronzer which I have never used. I heard a few people talk about how they love it. I got some foundation also which I use every now and then. But I know nothing about blush. Do you use blush if you use bronzer? Any make up advice? I am going for more of a natural look. My husband likes me natural but when we go out I like to get made up. So I am trying to test some things before he gets back from Afghanistan in a little over 2 weeks.

True_Gator_77

Asked by True_Gator_77 at 1:41 PM on Jan. 14, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• There are two things that you can do. 1, you can just use blush, or just use bronzer (lightly for both, and make sure you have a good brush that isn't too big or too small). Or, 2, you can apply the blush on the upper part of your cheeks, then use a tiny bit of the bronzer for contouring. Look up Kandee Johnson on YouTube. She's a professional makeup artist and has some amazing how-to videos about all sorts of things. Most of them are more dramatic looks, but there are a few that deal with more natural looks, how to get the perfect face (like covering blemishes, contouring, etc.), and things like that. I love her videos. Also, anything with sparkles isn't really good unless you're going to a club or something. It took me forever to find matte bronzers.

Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 4:33 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I would not use bronzer if you use blush or you would definitely look overly made up. Subtle is always better with bronzer and you use it where the sun would "kiss your face", apples of your cheeks, forehead, nose and chin. And use it sparingly until you get the hang of it, you can always add but it's a lot harder to take away.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:43 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I only use bronzer it summer, if you want to brighten up a pale winter face, use a big fluffy brush and very lightly just hit cheekbones, nose and forehead. You can always mix bronzer with your loose powder and use it to set your makeup. I would use a peachy blush if you use bronzer, blush first then just a dab of bronzer.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 10:53 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• You don't want too dark of a bronzer if your doing it with blush (well I don't like dark bronzer regardless.. also not a fan of shimmer, but to each their own)

You want to do bronzer wherever the sun would hit you, top of the forehead (also good if you think your forehead is more of a five) bridge of nose, chin/jawline, don't forget the ears.. and of course the top of cheekbones. If wearing decolletage exposing top, its a good idea to do a bit there. If your feeling experimental, then do a tan blush or strict NON-shimmer bronzer on the underside of cheekbones to enhance.

The key to natural is to BLEND, and don't go overboard. Less is more.

& for foundation, only use if/where you need it.
    MrsAdorkable

Answer by MrsAdorkable at 2:02 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I actually use my bronzer as a blush; it gives me a slightly sun-kissed look. Be sure you go lightly.
    Anonymous

• Thanks everyone for you help. :-) Everyone was a great help.
    True_Gator_77

Comment by True_Gator_77 (original poster) at 12:02 PM on Jan. 15, 2011