How hard is it to leave your child at daycare?

I have been with my son since day one and I am going to begin my core classes in May. Which is better? A home day care or a facility?

jen2774161

Asked by jen2774161 at 1:45 PM on Jan. 14, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• that one of those question dame if you do and dame if you dont now days you cant hardly trust any body but there is a site call care .com they have alist of people and daycares that they are certified and they do background checks on there to
    tammy372011

Answer by tammy372011 at 2:20 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• it depends on your childs nature and temperment on which will be best for HIM. My son started in a Center and did horrible with the kids, he shut down emotionally, cried all the time etc. Some kids do GREAT in Centers. I have had my son in an in home daycare for 6 months and has done a complete turn around. Do your research on all types of daycare centers and licensed in home providers. Good luck and Yes, its very hard at first.. probably more for Mom at a preschool age though.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:48 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I did it for a while but it was very, very hard on me. If I had to choose, I would probably opt for home. There are fewer children and I think that would be somewhat easier.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:09 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Ive experienced both. You really need to set up a day and go for a few tours/interviews. I suggest 2 centers and 2 homes.

Homes will be more like yours.... and center will be more like preschool or regular school. More stuff, more art, etc. Most structure in general. Eventually I went w/ a center that had webcams in every room but the potty 'cuz I could login to the private server and see what my son was doing. good luck!!!
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:09 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Depends on your child and what you want for him. We put my son in a home center when he was a baby after going the family route. I wasn't ready for him to go into a full fledged center, and he did really well with the babysitter. We decided to put him 5 day preschool this year to start getting him ready for school. Either way, it's hard, and I think it's harder on us parents than it is on our babies. :)
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 10:30 PM on Jan. 14, 2011