strange comment

yeasterday i was dancing with my lil girl(4 yrs old) and as we were dancing she said "nice boobs mom". i was so shocked by what she said i asked her to repeat herself and she did. i looked at my husband to see if he heard her and he did, but we both didnt know what to say. before i put her to bed i asked her why she made that comment and she said cause she thinks that boobs are pretty. i talked to her some more and let her know that things like that shouldnt be said to other girls. i dont know what to think right now. is this just one of those, kids say the darnest things or is she trying to tell me something?

Christieluv0614

Asked by Christieluv0614 at 1:47 PM on Jan. 14, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• :) I wouldn't worry about it....she thinks breasts are pretty....it's innocent.....my advice would be don't make it "not innocent"....she thinks breasts are pretty the same way she thinks flowers are pretty or frilly dresses are pretty....or painted fingernails are pretty....that's all...and it isn't a bad thing...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 1:55 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I wouldn't be concerned with it. My daughter is obsessed with boobs, she's 4, and my son used to be. They are not sexual objects to children, they're just another body part.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 1:57 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• lol..its nothing. my 5yo ds tells me all the time how much he loves my boobies. (and he wasn't bf!) he says they are soft and comfy, for his head. lol! (not always a good thing, on any level!)
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 1:51 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• My husband told me last night that while I was at the store grocery shopping, he was in his bedroom changing in to his Pj's and opur son who is 3 came running in the room pretending to play Toy Story and touched his penis and said you have a DAddy Zurg pee pee.. Zurg is his favorite character from toy story 2 - He had a talk about not touching people but I think it was more a big daddy versus his is small because he's been comparing himself being BIg or small in about every area of everything..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:51 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• She is probably repeating something she has heard before... Maybe you should figure out who she is hearing say that.
    Biz1985

Answer by Biz1985 at 1:55 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• lol my dd says stuff about boobies all the time she tells my mom she has big floppy boobies lmao
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 1:55 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• i dont think you have anything to worry about
    tammy372011

Answer by tammy372011 at 2:16 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• LOL don't worry, my brother (who is 18 now) walked in on my mom when he was 4 and said "mommy I saw your boobies and they are CUTE boobies too"
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 11:42 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I wudnt worry , my 5 year old is obsessed with my boobs and bum, Im sure she'l grow out of it..
    DawnLauren

Answer by DawnLauren at 1:35 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• less is more mommy. At this age nothing really matters. Kids just call it as they see it. She was thinking that moment nice boobs mom.
    rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 8:28 PM on Jan. 16, 2011