Potty training a boy

How was your experience its obviously much different then a girl? was it harder?

sarasmommy777

Asked by sarasmommy777 at 1:57 PM on Jan. 14, 2011 in General Parenting

• ds was a month before 3 and we put him in underwear and plastic pants during the day. at night we did pull ups. he had about 10 accidents within the first week but other then that he has been great no accidents. he likes to stand up to pee though and keeps missing so i tell him before u go pee focus on the toilet
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 6:14 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I had 2 boys and 1 girl, and honestly, the boys were way easier.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 1:59 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• well I have a 3 year old who wouldn't potty train for ME at all - my daycare provider was my savior in that area!!! My sister read that boys train and aim 80% better with a target like cheerios or anything you want to use.. we did the straight in to underpants training because he was allergic to pull ups.. Good luck.. If It wasn't for my provider he'd probably still refuse to do it for us lol!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:01 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Ive never potty trained a girl, but potty training my son really wasn't hard at all.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 2:02 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I waited until he was close to 3 to start and just put him in underwear. By the end of the 1st week he was consistently using the toilet to pee. It took about 5 or 6 weeks for him to start using the toilet for pooping. His twin sister basically trained herself, so obviously he was more difficult than that. However, he was way easier than my older daughter.

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 2:06 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I have a boy. While my friend tried starting her's potty training at 2, and took over 2 years, even though she was consistent and tried very hard. The boy was stubburn and would have accidents on purpose to push her buttons. I waited until a little over 2 1/2 and it took me a couple of weeks until he was put in underwear full time with no accidents. he was just ready. Two other friends, one had a girl that potty trained (completely) by 2. The other freind started at after year 1, and it went on (the acctidents, the attitude) until after age 4!
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 2:10 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• can you give me some tips to start in the potty?
    sarasmommy777

Comment by sarasmommy777 (original poster) at 2:07 PM on Jan. 14, 2011