How would you feel if your child was taken to celebrate mothers day with their stepmom?

So per court order, the kids are supposed to come with me the day of mothers day at 11 a.m., but this year, it falls on the weekend their with their dad. So my kids will be with their father and stepmom mothers day weekend and that morning. How would you feel?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:19 PM on Jan. 14, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Usually in court orders involving custody, holiday schedule trumps weekend schedule - so they should be with you anyway unless otherwise stated in the order.

Answer by missanc at 2:21 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I would not worry about it. Because I would celebrate it on a week day. That is what I would tell the kids.

Sense you are going to be at Dads for mothers day. We will celebrate mothers day on Friday.

Answer by louise2 at 2:23 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Holiday schedules trump visitation. You get the child on the day of Mother's day and then you take the child back to the father.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:25 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• That's effed up. Your ex should understand and have your kids stay with you where they belong on Mother's Day.
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 2:32 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• just ask dad to switch a weekend with you, no biggie.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 2:32 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I would not send them over, the court ( at least in my county)says that the child goes to the parent that the day is honoring. So I just wouldn't let him take the children that weekend.
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 3:40 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I wouldn't be bothered. I'd celebrate myself and go to the spa.
    SwePea

Answer by SwePea at 3:43 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Our family has gotten past the "gotta be celebrated on the Xday", with blended, mixed, step, bio, etc families and families that keep getting bigger every year (3 weddings this summer) we go with what works best for the most schedules. Saves a lot of headache and heartache in the long run.
    emptynstr

Answer by emptynstr at 4:08 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• i would be hurt.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 5:13 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• YOU are their mother, step mom is just a word used for the person who married the dad, that doesn't make her the mom. The only way to become a mother is to give birth or legally adopt THAT'S IT. Dont send them over that weekend. Call the dad and say "as I am sure you understand, I will be wanting the child(ren) on mothers day, however I will be happy to let them come to your house the next weekend" be nice but don't make it a question, he would have to have some major balls to question the kids being with their mother on mother's day. Also, if you do every other weekend, next year, you will be scheduled to have then for both holidays. And, in most courts, it doesn't matter who is scheduled to be with the child (ren), the children are supposed to be with the parent who's holiday it is (mom for Mothers Day, dad for father's day)
    Anonymous