anyone's son/daughter been constipated for longer than a week? mayby tmi

I'm keeping in touch with my 8 year old son's primary, and with his suggestion, I'm planning on the "stay at home, use ex lax, wait it out" deal this weekend. If this doens't do the trick, I'm going to have to pay for an x-ray that will tell us what we know already, that he is full of poop!

Has anyone had to deal with this? We have had smaller episodes in the past. (no going in like 3 days) but he is going on a week now, and I have actually caught him 'holding it in'.
I know it must hurt, and that is why he is scard to go, but UUGGHHHHH!!!!!!!

Pray everyone that he will 'go' and lots of it too.

Hope

whitmomom

Asked by whitmomom at 2:26 PM on Jan. 14, 2011 in Health

• Wow! This does not sound good. How much water does he drink? Eliminate meat and dairy; make sure he eats 7 servings of fruits and vegetables (in at least three different colors); serve only whole grain (5 servings a day) and no white/simple grains; and legumes.

Send me a message if you need some recipes. And good luck to both of you

Answer by rkoloms at 4:26 PM on Jan. 14, 2011