MRI in pregnancy?

I just got my BFP, and I had an MRI a couple weeks ago, my flu shot last week and was drunk all weekend (birthdays, weddings, etc...) Been on the pill and not trying, and now I'm scared shitless!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:05 PM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Pregnancy

• MRI is fine. It's not like an x-ray. It dosen't use radiation, it's a big magnet. (hence the M in MRI). Your fine.
    Anonymous

• You should be fine, but be honest when your doctor asks you the last time you had different things (alcohol, coffee, etc)...and don't be naughty anymore! :)
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 9:09 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• They actually scheduled me for an MRI at 3 or 4 months pregnant because of a herniated disc and the only thing they did different was not give me the dye...they said that wasn't safe. For you it sounds like it would have been MIGHTY early in your pregnancy and everything is probably just fine. You can only change the future, you can't undo what is already done. You'll feel better when you hear the heartbeat or see your little bean on ultrasound!
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 9:47 PM on Nov. 12, 2008