my husband and i had this 2 year rivalry over baby corn. what's the dumbest rivalry you've had with your s.o

when we're just best friends he came over to my place, we got chinese food. well i got a mixed vegetable platter. i said "man they skimped on the baby corn, there's only 2" he was like "baby corn?" so i held up a baby corn with my chopsticks. he was like "that's not corn!!" i said "yes it is, what is it then if not corn?!" he's like "i don't know, but it's not corn" me-"it's corn picked prematurely" him-"it's not corn, you can eat the whole thing, you can't eat the cob of real corn" -me"it's premature it hasn't become tough yet!!" him-"it's not corn, it doesn't taste like corn". this went on for 2 years, i would say the word baby corn and he'd say "it's not corn!!!!" finally today we were in the grocery store and i saw baby corn in the produce section. i picked up a package and said "look it says baby CORN" he laughed and was like "ok i accept the fact that it's corn" lets hear your silly rivalries now

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:10 PM on Jan. 14, 2011 in Just for Fun

• concussed. as in, if you have a concussion you've been concussed. about 4 yrs we've gone back/forth on if it's a real word on not. LOL.......... your corn one is awesome, op!!!
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 3:12 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• lol, thank you for posting this. it made me laugh, and helped brighten my day. my husband and i have stupid little arguements like this all the time, so much that i can't even remember what all are about. But thank you for making me smile
    FinleyFirst

Answer by FinleyFirst at 3:14 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• The one i can think of right now is what it means to double park. I say taking up 2 parking spaces at once. He says parking on both sides of the street in a residential neighborhood. Like when 1 car is parked on the curb in front of a house and you park on the curb on the opposite side. I know i'm right; I can't wait to show him the info to prove him wrong, lol.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 3:14 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• when DH and I first got married, we didnt tell anybody. A few weeks later, I found out I was pregnant. He bet me I wouldnt have the balls to call his mom and tell her (both of) the big news.... so I did! He believes me when I say Im going to do something now.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 3:16 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• i feel like a dictionary could solve your problems hibbingmom hahahahaha
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:17 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• This is great! thanks for making my gross day a little brighter!

Oh and we can't play the board game CLUE because we don't agree on the rules. Thats it.
    mslksdh

Answer by mslksdh at 3:18 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• The great PB&J debate: Chunky PB-Seedless Strawberry jam (him) vs. Creamy PB-Raspberry jam (me).

Also "next weekend": Does it refer to the weekend that is coming up or the weekend that follows the coming weekend?
    Groovyflor1

Answer by Groovyflor1 at 4:54 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I love this... The one we have all the time well a few things. If I ever say "Like" he always says, "it's Like? or it is? Drives me crazy. He also hates the word "anyways" I don't know why but he HATES it. for example. He will a story will get off track and I will say but anyways (to finish the story) and he literally gets so mad about it. he (with a grumpy voice) Anyways.. I hate that word! He also interrupts a lot which is normal for most people but if anyone interrupts him even the baby he sighs really loud glares and starts his story over again. LOL it makes me laugh which just makes him more mad. Thinking about it makes me laugh!
    CarlieJS

Answer by CarlieJS at 5:10 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Oh and my husband said the same thing about baby corn and I had to show him.
    CarlieJS