HELP hands dry and cracking and HURT what should I use?

Tdaycare6678

Asked by Tdaycare6678 at 3:11 PM on Jan. 14, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Kiehls...Ultimate strength hand salve. It's a big pricey (I think) but it is the BEST for dry, cracked, bleeding, painful hands. I swear by it!
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 3:13 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• My husband has been having terrible trouble with this. He's found the best treatment to be Eucerin Plus Intensive Repair Lotion along with a parrafin bath. He puts AmLactin on at night and wears nitrile gloves to sleep.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 3:13 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• vaseline. Put a moderately thin layer over your hands before bed, then cover with gloves or socks. Sleep with them on. Keep moisturizing every few hours the next day.
    Anonymous

• After EVERY handwashing put lotion on. Before you go to sleep, mix lotion, and vassaleen, and rub it all over your hands, then put socks over your hands. It works fairly well for me. Also good for feet!!
    tansy78

Answer by tansy78 at 3:14 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I forgot to add...Bag Balm works too....and it's cheaper. I use it on my feet.
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 3:17 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• yes bag balm or theres this wonderful product called working hands and it works better than bag balm. i had really bad cracked feet and i put it on before bed along with socks and in the morning wa-la! nice soft feet!
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 3:24 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• google NO CRACK it is the best cream ever if you google it in your city it will tell ya wher eto buy it its the best!
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 3:26 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I like aveeno lotion.... If they are really painful and cracked, he may need a prescription of something like clobestesal ointment.
    momtomatthew02

Answer by momtomatthew02 at 3:27 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• i like Cetaphil moisturizing CREAM, not lotion.
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 3:28 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I bought some for my hubby it is by gold bond for severe dry skin, his hands were cracking and bleeding he put it on twice and his hands are so soft and look and feel 10 x better now... I got it at wal-mart but I have seen it at dollar general a rite aid also.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 3:29 PM on Jan. 14, 2011