locking my husbad out tonight, (so to speak)-vent

he'll be out tonight for his weekly card game.

I just got a email that Mr. 'I don't need to carry a extra house key, don't understand why you have extras made, I've got it all handled don't be silly' Mr man tell me that he forgot his key!
he wanted me to leave the door open or leave the key under the mat.

oh sure! he knows I'm not about to do that, it's dangerous!

so I wrote him back telling him to forget it, that he's going to need to call when he leaves the store he plays at, or on the way home then I'll get up to let him in.

I think the really responsible thing to do would be to just suck it up and skip the card game so he would get home at a decent hour and not keep me up. I'll be the good wife and either stay up and wait or set a alarm to let his know it all butt in the house.

sheesh.

ItsMe89

Asked by ItsMe89 at 3:16 PM on Jan. 14, 2011 in Relationships

• maybe now he will put that key on his key chain and not forget it. lol i would make him knock for a while just so he gets the point.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 3:19 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• or swing by the house and pick up a key before the game?
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 3:22 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Oh geez! I'm sorry. I can't believe he's still going!
    Maybe he'll learn from this one. Don't let him forget it!
    Dalimonster

Answer by Dalimonster at 3:19 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• lol.
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 3:20 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Your post makes me thankful my Hubby doesn't need to go out with his friends.. It seems it would drive a wedge in a marriage.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 3:22 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• do what you have to do to get the anger out
    tinamarie1972

Answer by tinamarie1972 at 3:27 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• i love when my hubby goes out. its my time! i'd put the key under a yard statue or in the meter box but not under a mat. sounds like your more angry about him going out than the actual key thing? communication is the key.
    lillie70

Answer by lillie70 at 3:32 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• i dont see the problem...i think you"re avoiding the real issue which is that you dont want him going to the game night with friends...maybe you should discuss THAT with him.
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 4:16 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• 'i dont see the problem...i think you"re avoiding the real issue which is that you dont want him going to the game night with friends...maybe you should discuss THAT with him. '
    not exactly. in this case I think he should not go, most of the time i don't mind- he needs to keep his stress and all that in order and that benefits us both.

the issue is that just yesterday I tried to give him a spare key to carry in his jacket like I do, just in case this happens! and he gave me heck for being ridiculous!

sometimes a spade is just a spade. ;)
    he won't carry a spare key, so now I have to get up to let him in.
    So we will be discussing the issue of his carrying a spare key. :)
    ItsMe89

Comment by ItsMe89 (original poster) at 4:26 PM on Jan. 14, 2011