why is it after having a historicmy i dont want sex any more and how do i tell my husband about the probelm

tammy372011

Asked by tammy372011 at 3:26 PM on Jan. 14, 2011 in Relationships

• Did you have a complete hysterectomy, with ovaries removed too? That's known to cause hormonal issues and usually hormone replacement therapy is needed. Tell your husband the truth... there's been a change since the surgery, most likely caused by it. Then head to your doctor.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:27 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• That is a normal response. Your uterus is gone, your sex drive won't be so good anymore. It's completely biological.
    I don't know how your husband would react, but I would try to be honest about it. Maybe there is something you guys can do to make things better. Are you taking hormones?
    Dalimonster

Answer by Dalimonster at 3:29 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• This is what I would do in that situation.

I would sit my husband down for an open and honest talk about it. I would explain that after a hysterectomy, that my hormone levels are off. Many of the hormones that are off, are the one's that make me desire sex. That hopefully with time or hormone replacement treatment (which I would talk to my doc about) things would level back out, and I would start desiring sex again. Until the hormones are leveled out though, he could really help me out in regards to feeling sexual. He could help me instigate sexual feelings and thoughts by the way he treats me, interacts with me, woo's and romances me.. He can help make me feel like a sexual woman once again, help me to feel sexy sexual and desirable. Because I wouldn't be feeling those things at the moment either. Hopefully he would listen and we could work together to get back on track.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:30 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• it''s a huge hormonal change.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 3:31 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• It's hormonal. I would discuss it wiith you SO and see a doctor.
    AntoinetteF

Answer by AntoinetteF at 3:38 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• ive had a complete historictomy and im on hormones meds its just not there and my husband is wonderful maybe you guys are right maybe i need to go to the doctor
    tammy372011

Comment by tammy372011 (original poster) at 3:47 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• do you want to know why. we are mammals, we go into heat just like all other mammals. w/o our organs we can't go into that heat. thats why women who hit menopause take hormones
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 3:50 PM on Jan. 14, 2011