Sperm Meets Egg Method (following a M/C) adult content

I have read today that you can try to follow the 'sperm meets egg' method following a miscarrage in the hopes of TTC again.
While I am aware of how to time intercourse every other day beginning at CD10, can you count from the 1st day of your previous miscarriage or do you have to wait for a 'normal' period cycle to resume before using this method at all? I just needed some clarification with that. Thanks.

miraclewaits

Asked by miraclewaits at 3:32 PM on Jan. 14, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• i think it applies after your hcg goes back to zero-ish, which you can do a pregnancy test to see when it's no longer positive and you can start from there
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 3:34 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• A miscarriage can be considered a big period so technically you can count from then. But most doctors agree to give it a couple cycles before trying again. Sorry for your loss and good luck with conceiving and carrying to term in the future.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 3:35 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Thank you :)
    miraclewaits

Comment by miraclewaits (original poster) at 3:36 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Since we have lost our second precious angel baby, we have grown so close as a couple, which, in the midst of our grief, is a blessing :) So, we are wishing to TTC again and DH is happy that we are doing the BD again. Just hoping that we are as fortunate and get pregnant within a few months. Following our 1st m/c, I was pregnant again in 4 months. Only time will tell................
    miraclewaits

Comment by miraclewaits (original poster) at 8:58 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I personally think the sperm meets egg method is tremendously less effective then charting. It assumes that OPKs will be affective for you and that isn't always true after a miscarriage because LH can linger in your system even as the HCG drops.

That being said in charting you use your miscarriage as your last mentrual cycle even though it's not techically a period so I'm assuming you would do the same with OPKs.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:15 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• after my miscarriage i was told to wait until one normal cycle passed after to try to conceive again...best of luck to you!
    zperez0809

Answer by zperez0809 at 10:37 AM on Jan. 15, 2011