Stridors or Laryngomalacia in babies

So, Tucker Jack has had a ratteling w/ his breathing since being born March 27, the docs at first brushed it off as being allergies and such ect. but now after chest XRays were off the Childerens Hospital to see a pediatric Pulmonologist. Id like to know what happens at this visit, and just what everyone elses expierences have been w/ this. In the docs words other than this hes healthy he also according to the doc has too much drool. Anything is always welcomed. Thanks

brittneynshaw

Asked by brittneynshaw at 9:07 PM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Kids' Health

• My son was born with Laryngomalacia. His breathing was pretty raspy at birth, but as he gets older it has quieted for the most part. When he gets sick, it does flair up and I have had to give him breathing treatments. My doctors have all told me that he will grow out of it.
    Mary_CoreysMom

Answer by Mary_CoreysMom at 9:25 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Laryngomalacia / Congenital Laryngeal Stridor

In children, laryngomalacia is the most common cause of chronic stridor. Sixty percent of infants born with congenital laryngeal stridor will have symptoms ...
    www.chw.org/display/PPF/DocID/21501/router.asp -
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:47 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• An infant with stridor

At least 90% of babies with stridor have laryngomalacia,. and in most cases this is a benign, self-limiting condition. that can be managed conservatively. ...
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:48 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• My son was born with raspy and congested breathing. Later, much later, he was said to have a floppy larynex or esphogus. He did have that awful stridor sound. His pulminologist was also treating him for asthma. Now at two he doesn't have that sound that Stridor makes. Most kids do grow out of it. It was scary at first but his doctor was very clear about what was going on with him. I know it is hard, I've been there. And if your child is anything like mine, there are several other issues going on: asthma, allergies, acid reflux, ear infections....parenthood. Oh how grand it is.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 12:21 AM on Nov. 13, 2008