What can I do for my and my daughters birthday today since we are stuck in the house?

Today is both my daughter's and I birthday. She had her 2 year old checkup vaccinations this morning. And now we are just lounging around the house doing nothing. My husband is working and the roads over here are still icy so I won't drive anywhere, and I'm babysitting, so what can we do? We blew out candles on cakes and took pictures already and now I'm bored again. We have parties lined up this weekend and hubby is taking me for a birthday dinner Tuesday night.

keisha613

Asked by keisha613 at 3:34 PM on Jan. 14, 2011 in Just for Fun

• play dress up and put on a fashion show.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 3:38 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I like all the suggestions about the dress up and tea party those are great Idea's!
    I also share a birthday with my son!
    CarlieJS

Answer by CarlieJS at 5:02 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Parties. Plural. Both of us combined have partieS lined up. I have 4 kids. And only once have I had a party for one of them turning 2. And I said I'll never do it again. I learned my lesson. Spending time and money entertaining other people's children for a party she won't even remember. And if you read my question, you see we have taken pictures. Good try trying to ruin my birthday. It didn't work though.
    keisha613

Comment by keisha613 (original poster) at 3:55 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I really can't believe you don't have a party planned for your daughter's birthday. Things like that are so important. My son's second birthday is 2 months away and I've already been planning like crazy! Maybe it is just me but those are memories you need. You need to have pictures to show your children when they get older. You should think more about her than yourself. You are having a party and going to dinner but nothing for your child...SHAME ON YOU!
    Anonymous

• happy birthdayto you both! my mom and i share the same birthday as well! maybe have your little one help you cook a special dinner, my 2 yr old LOVES to help me cook!

rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 3:42 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Have an indoor picnic at afternoon snack time. Make a blanket fort or tent in your livingroom. Order pizza. Make some party/carnival type games out of things you have around the house, like throw balls into a basket or something like that.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 3:40 PM on Jan. 14, 2011