McDonalds employees attitude

Am I the only one that thinks all McDonalds employees are rude and not very customer service friendly? The other day I went through the drive thru and the guy said yeah, instead of what can I get you, that was all he said yeah. We went right now because I just didnt feel like making dinner and again they were rude. WTH? Maybe I'll do there survey thing again.

Deb79

Asked by Deb79 at 9:13 PM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Food & Drink

• Go IN and talk to the manager on duty, if only to ask for the DAYTIME mangers phone number. Tell the night manager you seriously doubt their ability to fix the crews attitude problem. The day manager however WILL straighten out the night manager AND his lazy rude crew. Don't EVER put up with bad food service. Even bad fast food service.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:46 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• You should talk to the manager next time. I was a manager at Arby's for eight months and you wouldn't BELIEVE how many people weren't afraid to say how rude the drive thru person was. I agree with you that some drive thru people are mean, but you never know when someone's having a bad day, yanno? I know there were some days when I'd rather die than have to be in the hole taking orders.

But we as consumers still have the right to good service. So next time someone is rude, demand to speak to the manager (if you're not in a hurry and have time). They'll get a stern talking to and will most likely change their attitude.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 9:17 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• that sucks because i always go there and they are pretty nice to me... One lady even asked where my daughter was one day... lol thats how much i go there
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 10:38 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Oh and i would complain because you should be treated good..... your are buying there food
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 10:39 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Well my mom is a manager at mcdonald's and she is a great worker.She was a single mom untill I was about a year old and after that she was a sahm.So now that she has a newer home she works at mcdonald's because they understand that she has two younger children at home.My mom is polite and friendly.The mcdonlds next to my house is piss poor on service and I also don't like the employees.I guess it's hit or miss.
    ilovemylilymae

Answer by ilovemylilymae at 10:41 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• The ones here in my town are real friendly.. I guess I would be pissed all the time if I had to work at mcdonalds.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 11:09 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• A lot of times it depends on how they are treated there. I used to work at McDonald's and was treated like crap! Sometimes its even the manager who doesn't care so the employees really have no leadership.
    TheDragn01

Answer by TheDragn01 at 10:16 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• We have had horrible service and they have given vouchers for this you would think they would learn.

I think it is also they are overworked and under payed,no excuse.

No one is forcing them to be there.

However as the economy costs rise,pay checks shrink, so is everyones moods.
    Baby1114

Answer by Baby1114 at 10:56 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• lol I'd probably be pissy if I had to work there too. lol j/k
    the one here has a nice lady who works the drivethru.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 12:02 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I think it all depends on the employee and their attitude. Not all are rude. I have one McDonalds that I frequent, and there are several really nice employees there.
    One thing to remember also, is that some of the drive thru customers aren't so nice either.
    That's a long story for another day.
    PrincessDi106

Answer by PrincessDi106 at 6:09 PM on Nov. 13, 2008