What would you do?

To make a long story short, I have a male best friend, he's the one I go to when I need help, we used to always hang out and etc,...Now he's engaged & I respect his fiance, so we don't hang out anymore, I actually haven't seen him in well over 3 months, probably 4 or 5, but I can't remember. We rarely talk, if it is, it's on facebook. Anywho - one of his fiance's friends told her that him & I are hanging out and having s*x while she's at work, MOST DEF. NOT! I am NOT that kind of woman. I have been cheated on, and will not do that to someone. I respect there relationship. This isn't the first time rumors have gotten started. Its ridiculous, I don't like him like that! What do I do? Should I cut him out, but he is a good friend, or confront the GIRL whose starting this stuff, or just blow it off....help! I don't want there relationship to go down the drain from some stupid rumors that AREN'T TRUE!

knicole0708

Asked by knicole0708 at 3:52 PM on Jan. 14, 2011 in Relationships

• Invite them all over - friend, fiance, person who supposedly started the rumor, person who told you about the rumor. State to everyone what you've heard and say the you don't know how or why the rumor got started, you don't care, but want to set the story straight. You're friends with him - you want to remain friends with him, but there is nothing else going on and that you want the rumors to stop immediately. If they don't and it continues to affect your relationship, you may have to walk away.
    katzmutti

Answer by katzmutti at 3:57 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I would confront the woman who started the rumor along with your friends fiance, together, so she can tell you in person and in front of the girlfriend the story and then you can set her straight.

Answer by older at 3:56 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I think that when you have friends of the opposite sex people always start rumors. I had mostly male friends my whole life and it seemed like there were always people saying things like that. I think that the only people that matter is the friend, the fiance and your dh or so. If you all know the truth then I wouldn't worry about the people who start these rumors. Maybe you can hang out with the fiance too so that people see you all together and know that you are all friends.
    sue118

Answer by sue118 at 3:59 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• That face book is to funny!!! No worries sweetie. Don't change a thing. Act as if you do not know anything. Move on and let all the things that have nothing to do with you just pass by. Never defend things you already know that are not true. Pay zero attention to rumors or insinuations they are not real.

rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 4:33 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I have NEVER even kissed this man, it's ridiculous and saddens me that people would make me out to be that kind of person. My children come first in my life, I would never take them over to there apartment when she's not home, especially just to have sex!!!! NEVER EVER NEVER!!!!!
    knicole0708

Comment by knicole0708 (original poster) at 4:01 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• The adult thing to do is not communiate anything on facebook that is just a big highschool internet scene and drama in itself. I would def talk to his fiance in person and explain why this rumor is going on (some people love drama) does she believe it? And if your friend would rather be in his relationship then continue having you in his life you just have to let it go. That is HIS decision and it may hurt but it is out of your control. Good luck
    simonsmama2022

Answer by simonsmama2022 at 6:58 PM on Jan. 14, 2011