Why are men such babies when they are sick??? (vent)

my hubby has been sick the last 2 days! his body hurts and lots of drainage, a small cough. he came home early from work yesterday and just went to sleep! he kept me up all night coughing and blowing his nose!! i asked if he wanted meds or if he wanted me to set up the humidifier or if he wanted some warm tea or soup! he just said no! finally at 2am i went and found some musanex (sp) and some Tylenol! an hour later he said oh well i feel much better i should of listened to u earlier!! DUH IM NOT STUPID!!!! but he has still been in bed all day today! i set up the humidifier by him and have been waking him up to take meds! i feel like ive gained another kid!!!

Caroline2010

Asked by Caroline2010 at 3:55 PM on Jan. 14, 2011 in Just for Fun

• nurseHang in there! He can't be sick forever!

hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 3:59 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• OMg.. I hear you.. when our son was colic 14 hrs a day, we both got the worse of the flu.. I had to take care of our crying son while my whole body hurt and I was running to the bathroom every other 20 minutes and he said after the weekend, Man, I can't believe I slept 18 hours straight.. I was REALLY sick... REALLY????
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:04 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Two words..... Man Cold

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbmbMSrsZVQ

Its good for a laugh

Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 4:10 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• LOL mine is a baby when he is sick too. I don't know why men are like that but it just goes to show how much stronger we women are. :)
    CarlieJS

Answer by CarlieJS at 4:54 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• amen! i watched this study on tv and they had 25 men and 25 women all different ages and race. and they did some pain tolerance test on them to see who could last the longest! the women won! :-) my hubby is still trying to figure out how i gave birth without meds! lol!
    Caroline2010

Comment by Caroline2010 (original poster) at 4:57 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• i so know what you mean... my hubbs is the same way... i can't stand it and he knows it... if i can do things and move around and take care of our son when i'm sick then he could do the same.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 5:03 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• lynnsae- AMEN!!!! i got sick in oct with a fever and a bad cold and i still got up 3-4 times night to feed our dd and change her diapers and then i also took care of her all day!! and was just sound asleep all night! one time when i walked by him i just hit him upside the head and he ask what that was for and i said cuz ur still sleeping and im not! lol!
    Caroline2010

Comment by Caroline2010 (original poster) at 5:06 PM on Jan. 14, 2011