When Is A Good Time To Start Getting Stuff Ready For Babies Arrival?

KristenLee

Asked by KristenLee at 3:56 PM on Jan. 14, 2011 in Pregnancy

• How far along are you? I would say the sooner the better you never know what could happen and you dont want to be put in the situation where you are not prepared if you go into labor early.
    emilyellensmom

Answer by emilyellensmom at 3:58 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• by 2nd trimester you should probably be researching/trying carseat. they're a large expense plus not every one works in every vehicle

3rd trimester beginning u should have a very good idea of the weather you'll be in when baby comes home and decide on clothes and blankets, snowsuits, etc etc
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 3:59 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I am 32wks pregnant!!
    KristenLee

Comment by KristenLee (original poster) at 4:02 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• 32 weeks and you don't have everything in place already?

**grin**

Now is a good time. CARSEAT FIRST.... you can't go home without it. Then all the rest. And if you haven't done your homework on infant feeding yet, time to start. Whether you breastfeed or formula feed there is a lot to know, and since feeding will be the main activity with baby you can't be too prepared!

Answer by gdiamante at 4:07 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I started get prepared for lo at the beginning of my 3rd trimester only because my 1sr born was born at 36 weeks and I was not prepared at all when he was born,G/lL and Congrats :)
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 4:27 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• all you really need is a carseat, some clothes and diapers, I had nothing ready until I went into labor and even then it was minimal. Nor crib gadgets etc
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 8:33 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Get the gears rolling. Carseat, crib, diapers, clothes, bottles, wipes. All. Important stuff. I always got my nurseries set up within the first 6 months of being pregnant, by the end I barely could move
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 1:56 PM on Jan. 16, 2011