Any other quilters get fustrated while quilting at times? (If you quilt).

idaspida

Asked by idaspida at 4:01 PM on Jan. 14, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I love to quilt, but my energy mostly goes into piecing the quilt top. When it comes time to quilt it, I've only ever done simple grids or echo patterns. But I envy those who are brave enough to quilt beautiful feathers, flowers and such. :-)
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 2:47 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I'm Sorry. I don't quilt!! But I do appreciate others that do! I Love the look, feeling and the beauty of Quilts!! I imagine like any craft it can get to you at times!! To me certain things you do, you have to be in the mood to do! It can't be forced!! I wish you the best luck in everything that you do! Happy Quilting!! I hope all of your creations are loved and appreciated!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 9:34 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Yes! Especially if I start getting confused about which way I'm wanting the pattern to go. Sometimes the colors just blend together on the sewing machine. Sometimes I get tired of having to rip and sew again! I want to put my hair out instead of the thread! LOL Thats the time its best to set it aside and do something else. Its either that, or I'm going to cut it in little pieces and throw it away! LOL Is that what you're talking about?
    WalknWithGod

Answer by WalknWithGod at 1:01 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Yes, I was wondering if it was only me. Everyone's quilts that I see usually come out so flawless and I can see where I had to redue and resew on mine.
    idaspida

Comment by idaspida (original poster) at 1:28 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I'm just a beginner and still having to pay attention to detail. Love quilts but not sure i will ever be a quilter.
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 8:59 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Everyone sees there own flaws. I love quilting but I too see my flaws
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 1:52 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Are you really kidding me. Of course we all get flustered. You should join Quilting mom's here
    http://www.cafemom.com/group/627/
    I love this group. We have lots of older more experienced with new quilters in as well. Loads of great advice and support.
    I had a talk with the three most important people in my world. Me, myself and I .. I asked my self "what is holding you back from enjoying the process?"... I did not know so I told my self "try to enjoy the process instead of fighting it".. It makes a huge difference in the whole process now.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 7:41 PM on Jan. 16, 2011