what was your parents "back-up name" for you?

what were you "almost" ? My name is Jennifer but I was ALMOST named Natasha. My folks never had any boy names chosen, they would've been stumped they said.

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 4:04 PM on Jan. 14, 2011 in Baby Names

• My name is Tina
    I was almost Heidi or Heather,or Aaron if I was a boy

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:05 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• My Mom had 4 girls, each time wished for a boy.. So we were all named Steven 4 times,lol....
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 4:07 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• My mom was going to name my Carrie, but I ended up with a birth certificate that said Catrina. Before we left the hospital Catrina was scratched and Cathy was it. Then my dad came along and said that every Cathy - with a C - that he'd ever known was ugly, so he made my mom go to court to have it changed to Kathy. Yeah, he's a dipwad. Anywho...I don't know that I like any of them all that much, but I got what I got and I guess it'll do.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 4:10 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• My name is Ashley
    My parents had my name picked out before they had my older brother. When they got their girl my mom wanted to change my name because it was way to popular for her but my dad was determined to have his Ashley so there it was. My mom would have changed it to something like Breanne/a.
    If I had been a boy i would have been Kevin.
    coolassmom87

Answer by coolassmom87 at 4:25 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Aishwarya or Simran

((The name I have is "Peace" in Hindi......))
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:25 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• If I was going to be a boy, they were going to name me Jared. I like my boy name better...lol
    TitusMom7

Answer by TitusMom7 at 5:09 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• My name is Janet. My dad wanted to name me Monica and if I was a boy I would have been Christopher Scott.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 5:10 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• My name is Kimberly. My girl names were Brooke and Ethel. My boy name would have been Charles.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 5:44 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• My mom wanted to name all three of us Lily or Autumn, but my dad didn't like either of them. And if any of us had been boys we would have been Zachary.

Peacefulmoments

Answer by Peacefulmoments at 6:15 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Oh, and my Dad, he wanted to name all of us Lola, but my mom wouldn't have it because of that song lol

Peacefulmoments

Answer by Peacefulmoments at 6:18 PM on Jan. 14, 2011