How do you know when friendship turns into love?

I have a male friend, who's been my best buddy for years and years. We rarely see each other (living far apart), but write mails and phone regularly. The way I see it .... friendship is also love. Maybe even the most important because it is what makes a relationship last long. I feel bad when he's hurt. I'm happy when he is. I am happy FOR him if anything good happens or been achieved. I wonder how he's been when we haven't talked for a while. I'm very fond of him and just caught myself thinking today, that it would feel like I lost a leg or something if we he wasn't around anymore.

He's coming over to visit for a week very soon. I am so excited! He told me the other day, that he's looking forward to it, too. And he said, that we don't even need to do anything special, that just "being there would feel so good". I think, that's awesome, because I'm not much of a talker and he knows it.

I enjoy being with him so much and feel honored by his trust in me. Looking for a way to express these feelings without sounding ... stupid or like I'm having a crush or something. IDK I wish I could write a song about it that says it all. Unfortunately I can't sing nor compose. lol What do I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:23 PM on Jan. 14, 2011 in Relationships

• You will know when those butterflies start doing their thing when you see him.

Answer by older at 4:26 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Just let it happen.
    rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 4:27 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I ended up marrying the guy with whom I had such a friendship. If you just be the person you've always been, whatever is meant to happen will happen.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 10:05 AM on Jan. 15, 2011