For those of you who have tried pretty much every brand, from Wet n Wild and Cover Girl to Mac and Laura Mercier

What would you say is the best all around brand of makeup that would be affordable for someone who does not have a ton of money to spend on makeup? (Like no more than $10-12 for foundation, or any other single product.)

A lot of my makeup is starting to irritate my eyes and skin now, which is really depressing since I've used it for like 10 years with no problems before, so I'm looking for something that isn't going to cost a ton, since I don't have a lot of money to spend on makeup, but will be decent quality.

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 4:24 PM on Jan. 14, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• My favorite makeup for the last 5+ years is bare escentuals. Love it....many of my friends started using it cuz of the natual factor. When you first see the price it sounds alot but you NEED to know those pots last a LONG time. Can be bought on sephora, at an ulta store,qvc, many options. good luck.
    laur1963

Answer by laur1963 at 4:29 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Revelon. It is my favorite brand & their foundation is only 10 bucks.
    iluvmykidsxoxo

Answer by iluvmykidsxoxo at 6:09 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• If you're on a budget, try Loreal it is made by Lanecome so they use a lot of the same ingredients. I used to wear it before I could afford Clinique, still can't really afford it, but it is the only brand that makes a foundation for combination skin that mtched my skin tone, and I like their redness solutions. I only buy when they have have a free gift promotion.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 10:28 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I LOVE bare essentials. It is costly, but it works really well. I was able to afford it only because it replaced my foundation, powder, AND under eye concealer. When I totaled up what I was spending on those three, it pretty much balanced out and it works WAY better. I would give it a try if I were you.
    TitusMom7

Answer by TitusMom7 at 11:06 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I've been thinking about those, actually. My mom ordered some when it was really new and OMG! It covered SOO well and looked natural. I think hers lasted like a year, but she rarely used it and ended up letting my sister finish it off since they have the same skin tone and she wears makeup daily like me, whereas mom doesn't wear foundations and stuff very often at all.
    Mrs.BAT

Comment by Mrs.BAT (original poster) at 4:35 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Clinique
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 4:36 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Loreal is the best brand as far as drugstore makeup goes . its made in paris and has almost the same quality ingredients as the higher end makeup but for much less.
    MsBrazil86

Answer by MsBrazil86 at 10:13 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Almay is great and Bare Minerals.
    Collegemommy910

Answer by Collegemommy910 at 9:34 AM on Jan. 16, 2011