I just wanted to get a general idea of how much my soon to be 8 week should be eating...she can eat up to 6oz of formula! is this too much?

gapeach3510

Asked by gapeach3510 at 4:26 PM on Jan. 14, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• if that's how much she wants to eat there is no stopping her. she probably is going through a growth spurt.
    TaylorBaby

Answer by TaylorBaby at 4:34 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• i was told once by my son's doc that it's all about what they want and can handle.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 4:50 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• My doctor told me that my son would eat how much he wanted/needed. Baby's are super smart as to this stuff. It is instinct. My brother and his wife try to control how much their son eats and he is super unhappy because of it. Let your baby choose and you will all be happier for it. :)
    TitusMom7

Answer by TitusMom7 at 6:10 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Every baby is different, my son is 4 months old and is taking 6 oz bottle and 2tsp of cereal in the am and the same in the pm, with just 6oz bottles in between every 3 hrs. and he is perfectly healthy, weighs 17 lbs.
    PANZONSMOM

Answer by PANZONSMOM at 2:22 PM on Jan. 15, 2011