Some guide lines what to say in a speech at a funeral?

I have no idea in which category to post this ....
Are there any guideline about what to say in a speech at a funeral? I can remember my father writing and he had a kind of review of the life of the one who died. Is that so? What do I say? How long should it be? What is a good way to express my ... "I feel for you" ... to the one's left behind? Kind of lacking the right words. It's heavy and I'm not looking forward to it. The wife asked me to do it, because she's in a right state and said, she won't be able to say much anyway. It's heavy, but I want to be strong and do this right for her.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:33 PM on Jan. 14, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I would reflect on the person's contributions and impact they made on family, friends, and anyone else close to him. A funeral is supposed to bring closure to people's lives so you want to exoress the fact that the person although they are gone are still with all of you in spirit, memory and to always reflect on all the good ther person imparted when they were alive.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 4:55 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Say stuff that everyone would know like....Anyone who know ____ knew that he was a kind person, would do anything for anyone. One of my personal memories of ____ is _________. I would say 5 minutes is a good time.
    And you can say something like although nothing is going to take away the pain, we know that all our memories of ___ will always be ours. He will live forever through us. If they're religious, and you are, you can say that you know he's in a better place now. you can also use scriptures if they're religious. good luck.
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 4:50 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I would google it or go to ehow.com. Im sure there are tons of mock speeches to compare to. GL

One thing I always enjoy the best in a speech for a funeral is humor! It lifts everyones spirits a bit and is always nice to show the fun side of that loved one.
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:00 PM on Jan. 14, 2011