Moms that are/did breast feed - couple of questions

This is just for my own curiosity

How long did you BF?

Did you BF in Public? If so cover or no cover?

Do/did you care if other moms FF or BF?

Charis76

Asked by Charis76 at 4:49 PM on Jan. 14, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• Breastfed for around 11 months with each of my children.
    Breastfed in public, yes. With a cover, more of a poncho type thing.
    No, course not. It's their choice, however, my choice is to do what I believe will make my baby healthier.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 4:51 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Breastfed both of my kids til around 9-10 months.
    Breastfed in public a few times, but kept covered with a light blanket. Also went to the car a few times if I didn't feel I could obtain the necessary privacy to feel comfortable.
    I don't care, per se, but I do think that more women should at least attempt breastfeeding. There's a lot of misinformation out there and it's important to make sure women know that it DOES matter. I also find it frustrating when women quit for no reason--one I hear all the time is "I'm not making enough milk" and that is actually very rarely the case. Ultimately though, I'm not a crusader and I don't lose any sleep over someone else's kids.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 4:54 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I breastfed both babies for about 8 months... I stopped when they started teething.
    At first I only breastfed @ home, but when I got comfortable i was able to whip it out anywhere..lol
    I always covered up I didnt use any fancy covers, just a simple receiving blanket... I wanted to make sure no one saw boobs.
    ElliottC

Answer by ElliottC at 4:55 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• my ds was 11 months when I stoped and my dd was 10 months when SHE stoped. :(
    I did in public, covered,
    and although it was my choice to bf I do not look down on anyone that chose not to.
    JOR_HAIL

Answer by JOR_HAIL at 4:58 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• 11 months until she weaned herself
    I did in public and covered until 5 months and then she wouldn't leave one on so I went without a cover. I was discreet and I don't think anyone knew I was nursing unless they were sitting right beside me. My breasts were also 36i at the time so it's not like I had small ones.
    I don't care if they are FF or BF as long as the baby is healthy.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:59 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• with dd about 4-5 months, ds its been 2 so far and we are still going strong. i dont bf in public because i dont want people looking at my nip. i dont care how anyone else feeds their child as long as they are fed.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 5:04 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• How long did you BF? 10 months. I wish I did longer.

Did you BF in Public? If so cover or no cover?Yes I BF in public, I used a cover because that's how I felt comfortable.

Do/did you care if other moms FF or BF? I cared more when people cared what I was doing. I got some serious crap for breastfeeding from some people.

Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 5:27 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• How long did you BF? My son: less than 4 months. My daughter: currently at 7 months...still going

Did you BF in Public? If so cover or no cover? My son: Not at all. I'd find a private place. My daughter: I was a little less timid about doing it, but I still looked for a private place.

Do/did you care if other moms FF or BF? I don't give a rat's ass. It's not my business what you feed your child.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 5:51 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I BF my oldest for a year and my twins I BF past 2 years old. I did not bf in public with the oldest with the twins I learned to get over my fear and I did not run to the car or a bathroom to feed my kids. Sometimes I used covers some times I did not. I was always sure to wear lose fitting long shirts so that I was not flashing the world even if I was feeding with out a blanket. As far as other moms it is their choice not mine. I will pipe up and tell people who easy I thought BF was and some of the perks. I don't tell people all the health perks and stuff though I think enough moms get beat over the head with that and are made to feel guilty about not bf because of the health benefits. I talk more about the not having to wake up to make a bottle. Not having to wash a thousand plus bottles a month. I even jokingly tell people I BF the twins because I was to lazy to ff them.

Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 6:11 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• my oldest 7mos, my 2nd dd was 6mos, my 3rd dd was 3mos and my 4th dd was 13mos
    yes i nursed in public and i always used a cover during latching and unlatching but if it was really hot or they wear unhappy with the cover i would take it off while they ate, but my clothes were always either nursing tops or layed with a cami so i could still be descret even when not covered because i didnt want to flash anyone
    i honestly dont care if a mom uses formula or nurses so long as she feeds her baby, i will offer support to a mom either way, i have had to use both and was always offered support so i try to return it.
    tiffanyv123

Answer by tiffanyv123 at 6:40 PM on Jan. 14, 2011