Goodbye Michael Steele? Those on the Right side of politics, are you ready for something different?

'I think the party is ready for something different,' an emotional Michael Steele says as he announces his departure from the contest. Steele, the incumbent, had fallen into fourth place in the voting.

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 4:57 PM on Jan. 14, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Politics is always evoling so if he has to go, he has to go. I look forward to whatever changes we see coming.

Answer by gemgem at 4:58 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I had hopes for the RNC and Steele... Alas, he only proved he was merely a part of the RNC problem... Not a solution..
    grlygrlz2

Comment by grlygrlz2 (original poster) at 4:59 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Yes goodbye Steele..I made a mistake in supporting you for the RNC chairman.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 4:59 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• YEP! He started out promising but turned out to be a major disappointment. The GOP cannot afford to go into the 2012 elections with any "baggage!" We need fresh faces, ideas, and REAL "hope and change!!" LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:59 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I'm fine with either. I think Steele was who was needed when he became the chair. Maybe, as the next election looms in the not so distant future, new thoughts and strategies are needed.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 5:52 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I was glad to see he lost! He didn't help the RNC that much and he was abysmal as a fundraiser. The money that came in was from ppl that wanted the dems in congress to lose, it was nothing Steele did. I'm ready to see some changes and hopefully, they'll be changes for the better!
    BobbieB

Answer by BobbieB at 10:56 PM on Jan. 15, 2011