OMG, Are They Fricken Serious????

National Football League union wants Congress to interfere in Contract Negotiations?

As the specter of a year without pro football looms, the National Football League Players Association is taking its case to the halls of Congress — mounting an aggressive lobbying and public relations campaign urging lawmakers to push the owners to strike a deal before the March 3 deadline. It’s not an easy sell. Realizing that there’s little sympathy for multimillion-dollar athletes clashing with billionaire owners over the size of their paydays, the players set about writing a narrative that casts them more as the scrappy kid in “Rudy” than the mercenaries of “Any Given Sunday.”

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 5:04 PM on Jan. 14, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• jaw drop

I guess Congress isn't the ONLY group completely out of touch with everyday Americans. 

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:06 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• No sh*t, Lori..... Congress, NFL, News Media...... Who's next?
    grlygrlz2

Comment by grlygrlz2 (original poster) at 5:07 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Baltimore Ravens cornerback Domonique Foxworth said it’s important for lawmakers to meet the “people who get their hands dirty.”

You mean like farmers or mechanics.  I mean they get their hands dirtier than a cornerback.

PestPatti

Answer by PestPatti at 5:20 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• But PestPatti~ Domonique Foxworth’s is (roughly) worth $28 million... He gets dirty...... Send is ass to Afghanistan and tell him to get dirty!
    grlygrlz2

Comment by grlygrlz2 (original poster) at 5:23 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I don't believe it!!!!!! Why does Congress have the authority to interfere in a game? If they talks break down, the players walk off, bring up all the guys just waiting in the wings just wanting any chance at the 'big show' and do it all without a union. Plus, pay them a salary that is more in line with what they do for a living - play a game.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 5:51 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Absolutely, Jesse! The show will go on!
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 7:19 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Is it really too much to ask of them, to just do THEIR job???
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 10:49 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I love football, and I don't like the thought of them not playing next season but for real? Like there aren't more important issues to deal with? This is just silly. And about DF saying "people who get their hands dirty." When was the last time he did actual hard labor for barely anything? So annoying!! These guys are so out of touch with reality!!! I implore them to do my husbands job for a day!
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 10:54 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• When was the last time he did actual hard labor for barely anything?

I think the last NFL to have to do "hard labor" was Michael Vick, wasn't it?

grlygrlz2

Comment by grlygrlz2 (original poster) at 10:55 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Why do I have a feeling that OBAMA (with nothing better to do with his days) will feel the need to "chime in" on this one, even though he's not a member of Congress?! LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:02 PM on Jan. 15, 2011