pull-ups or underwear?

have a 2.5 yo son that needs to be potty trained. I am a sahm. He is my only son so not sure about how to proceed. I have been taking him about every hour to potty. He will not tell me when he needs to go but will tell me when he has already had a bm. question is should i keep him in diapers, have tried pull-ups (no big deal to him), or should i try big boy underwear.

tiffeaster85

Asked by tiffeaster85 at 5:06 PM on Jan. 14, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Do underwear, it will work better but pull-ups at night till you have him day trained.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:07 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Just go to underwear during the day. Put down waterproof pads on the couch and get some shamwow. The feeling of it running down his legs will make him want to go to the potty.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 5:12 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Underwear :)
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 5:14 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• i use underwear with my 2 year old, the pull-ups make no difference to her but with undies she comes to me and tells me "i potty". we're not actively training though cause she isn't ready, but i try on and off with her to get her used to that feeling and to her potty.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 5:17 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• pull ups are glorified diapers...go with underwear
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 5:19 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Underwear
    My son just considered pull ups another diaper, as did my neice. My sister overheard her tell a playmate "I don't have to go potty if I don't want to, I have these". My sister pulled her in the house and put big girl undies on her. She potty trained real quick after that.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 5:19 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• ty for the comments. that is what i was leaning towards doing.
    tiffeaster85

Comment by tiffeaster85 (original poster) at 5:20 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Underwear, my son refused to use the potty even though he knew how so we put underwear on him and he got the hint after he wet himself lol. I would stick to pull ups at night though until he gets the hang of it during the day.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 6:37 PM on Jan. 14, 2011