Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I had a C-section in the past. I want nothing but have this child the natural way, but I have heard from several doctors that they do not usually do a V back in most cases is there anyone out there who knows of a good doctor with the correct Licenses and Degree that could help me with this situation please let me know... From Mother to Mother Woman to Woman

Answer Question

Asked by RainOnMe321 at 5:07 PM on Jan. 14, 2011 in Pregnancy

Level 1 (3 Credits)
Answers (8)
  • All I can say is good luck. once you find a doctor that will, you may not find a hospital that will take the risk.

    Answer by Jademom07 at 5:11 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

  • find a midwife

    Answer by momofone725 at 5:13 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

  • If you are not having a high risk pregnancy then there is no reason why you should have to be cut open this time. Last time you were you put on pitocin while you were in labor? Did you have an epidural? Both of those thing in addition to the doctor wanting you to have a short labor so they can go home lead to unnecessary c sections.

    Check out the video "Orgasmic Birth"

    It helped me to have the courage to not go back to a regular OB/GYN.

    Answer by meandrphoto at 5:20 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

  • Check out will be able to get lots of advice there.

    Answer by MrsMWF at 5:40 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

  • I would see if you can find an ICAN group in your area. They can help you with finding a VBAC friendly midwife or doctor. Also check in their discussion forum under the finding your tribe and find your area and ask the question there.

    Answer by aeneva at 5:46 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

  • What do you mean the proper license or degree for a VBAC? A VBAC is a vaginal birth, not a special trick magician preform
    keep looking!!


    Answer by Roadfamily6now at 7:21 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

  • I agree with roadfamily there is no special degree it is a vaginal birth I would look into a midwife instead and also point out to prospective doctors that the ACOG now says VBACs are safer than a repeat c-section good luck also join the vbac moms group on here

    Answer by truealaskanmom at 8:28 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

  • Well I do know that you don't have to have a special degree to successfully deliver a child.. What I meant by that question was I did not want anyone to give me any false information on someone who obtained there degree from over seas and work out oof ther home I have seen that happen before with women who were in bad need of some type of surgery and went with the first thing that they saw smoking and in the long run they ended up having to get more surgery to correct the job of the bad/or non trained doctor from out of someone's kitchen.... Thank you to the other ladies as well for your advice with ICAN and orgasmic birth sites as well.... And yes I would need the luck to go further with this prgnancy being that I am concidered to be High Risk only because my doctors previosly wnated to go simply go home and rest for the evening.

    Comment by RainOnMe321 (original poster) at 12:00 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Pregnancy
Inconclusive Ultrasound?

Next question overall (Toddlers (1-2))
pull-ups or underwear?