how do i stop a 19month from whining all the time??? thats all she does from the time she gets up till she goes to bed

all she does is whine,and its really getting on my last nerve,she is my fiance daughter..please if any one has any tips on how to make her stop

karma1432

Asked by karma1432 at 5:16 PM on Jan. 14, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son did the same thing, there was really nothing that worked to stop it. it was one of those things he had to grow out of and he didnt mostly grow out of it until he was about 8 or 9. even now we have spurts of whine but not nearly as bad as it was. sorry :(
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 5:46 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• wow ok thanks,my son is 4 and he has never whined the way she does,but thanks again for your help
    karma1432

Comment by karma1432 (original poster) at 5:48 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• No problem good luck and deep breaths :)
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 5:50 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• thanks,i try but some time i can not take it lol
    karma1432

Comment by karma1432 (original poster) at 5:52 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I tell my son that I can't understand him when he whines. I try to say it very nicely so that he doesn't realize that I am getting annoyed/frustrated. I usually say something like, "Mommy really wants to help you, but I can't understand you when you whine. Please calm down and tell mommy what is wrong so I can help you."
    TitusMom7

Answer by TitusMom7 at 1:08 AM on Jan. 15, 2011