Single Moms question

Did you list your babies bio father on the birth certificate? If so why and if no why not?

MamaWolf1981

Asked by MamaWolf1981 at 5:20 PM on Jan. 14, 2011 in General Parenting

• Yes because I was married at the time. Even if I had not been married, I still would have. That is his child also and if we didn't work out, I wasn't going to wait on a paternity test for child support.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 5:22 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I did....because at the time we were trying to have an amicable relationship for our son.... I still did end up having to have a paternity test because we were never married and when I filed for child support he got mad...
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 5:24 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• nope!! My DD father was in jail and my DS father was an ass the whole time in was pregnant saying he was not the father and blah, blah, blah. And when he was born he wanted to sign it and I said no thats okay--- you can leave it blank--- and he was mad but oh well. I ordered a few birth certificates before the paternity test so that we would always have the ones with just my name on it. It is also a givin in my state that if the fathers name is not on the birth certificate the mother always gets sole custody with reasonable visitiaion for the father, reasonable meaning at the mothers discreation. So that is what the custody orders read and it is too much trouble for them to get a lawyer to change it, so I have the kids all the time, every holiday and I don't have to share.
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 5:35 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I did on the first one but not on the second one because they would not let me put his name on there and i really did not want to either
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:35 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I did w/the 1st but not the 2nd (same dad).
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 5:58 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Yes, we were married at the time.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 6:48 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Yes, we were married.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 11:58 AM on Jan. 17, 2011