What is your charity?

Tell us to whom you like to donate--and why?

charlottej

Asked by charlottej at 5:22 PM on Jan. 14, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• NSPCC - National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 5:25 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I donate financially to march of dimes and humane society - then randomly through the year for MS and Cerebral Palsy with household items. why? because every little bit I can do will help someone..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:26 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I generally donate to the local home for unwed moms and the project (both through our Catholic church) which helps homeless mothers and children. I don't know why really, but I have a special place in my heart for these groups.
    charlottej

Comment by charlottej (original poster) at 5:33 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I donate to the shelters that take in women and children. I also am big on the food banks, and just about anything for the schools, libraries, and anything else that helps people learn.

Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 6:47 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I donate to the animal shelter, NLEOMF (fund for fallen officers b/c my uncle was killed in the line of duty), toy drives, salvation army
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 7:02 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I LOVE Kiva.org and Women for Women International and Heifer. The first two connect the giver with the recipient and it's an incredible feeling. LOVE to empower women.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:15 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• If I donate its to childrens charities like St Judes or those charities that you can give a buck too at the store(usually every Spring there is a drive)and you get a clover or balloon,etc. I will give to those.

Right now I cant really donate money but if I can donate clothes to a local place or canned goods...then Ill do that.

Why do I give? Because I like helping out, especially children, if at all possible. Pay It Forward....
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 7:20 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• St. Judes Children's Hospital, local women's and children's shelter, public school backpack program, and various other wellness/recovery groups/homes for aged/addicts/veterans.
    why?.. why not?
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:34 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• RAINN because they have helped me so much.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 7:39 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Mazon - it is Hebrew for "food." it is an umbrella organization that raises money and gives it to food banks across the US and the world, regardless of religious affiliation, nationality, etc.
    An epilepsy foundation, because my youngest has it.
    Save a Child's Heart - an Israeli foundation that provides free heart surgery to impoverished children around the world, even Iran and Iraq.
    Habitat for Humanity
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 8:01 PM on Jan. 14, 2011