Do you let your kids eat McDonalds?

How often? What do they eat?

How old were they when you first let them eat it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:24 PM on Jan. 14, 2011 in General Parenting

• sure do. we have it for lunch 1-3 times a month. they're 4, 2, and 1 but the 1 year old has obviously never eaten it. the 2 and 4 year old do, and i probably bought my 4 year old her first happy meal around 2/2.5. i think its fine in moderation, like all things.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 5:26 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• A few times yet but they get the apples and milk. We switch between the nuggets and hamburger.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:27 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• My kids eat fast food maybe once every one or two months. They usually get the kids meals with the toy. They are not allowed soda. Eating fast food is a treat, not an every day thing for us.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 5:27 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Yeah, Lela eats McDonalds. Only once every couple of weeks, if that, and that's usually when I have to run errands in town and I'm obviously not home to fix her something different. She gets milk, chicken nuggets, and french fries, and she was 2 (and she still is) when I first let her have some.
    alf2651

Answer by alf2651 at 5:27 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Yes, a couple of times a month. They get one thing usually only a 4 pc or fries and a small drink. I was taking them to the playplace but I heard about how one of their cousins got sick after going there. I don"t exactly feel that it is up to cleanliness code. I won`t take them there till maybe winter is over.
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 5:29 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• oh yes, they get milk or chocolate milk and either fries or apples. my 4 year old doesnt like soda and i wont let my 2 year old try it yet.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 5:29 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Fast food should not really be fed to young children if you can make something for them at home. However, that doesn't mean they won't eat it if you put it in front of them like the happy meal which comes with a toy surprise.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 5:29 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Yes, about once/month. My older ones all eat the McDoubles and fries, when they were little (and my 2 year old) either has a cheeseburger or nuggets, apples and milk, but I usually get fries and he and I split the fries and apples. They all had it for the first time when they were around 18 months, except my 2 year old had some yogurt from there when he was around 1 (we were heading to the beach and that was the first thing we passed)

Answer by missanc at 5:29 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• my kids are 6 and 4.5 yrs and have had happy meals twice. both times w/ white milk and once w/ fries and once w/ apples.

we drive thru there a lot on road trips because my DH and I love their fountain coke. kids get apples, it's a very nice convenient and no so messy snack. (no caramel)

.... tnm = your 4 yr old doesn't like soda? that breaks my heart. a 4 yr old shouldn't even know what soda is. it's an adult beverage.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 5:31 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• yea occationally prolly about once every month or so for lunch. and to us its a treat but my kids like the apples and nuggets or cheese burgers and a soda. they dont normally get soda so they know that if we are getting fast food its a treat. my kids got their first happy meal when they were about 2 - 2.5
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 5:33 PM on Jan. 14, 2011