Such a rude ass ... what would you say ?

My husband and I have both worked since we were 18 years old... after we had kids ( a 4 year old daughter and twin 2 year old boys) we decided it was better ( and cheaper) than for me to keep working....

Well my husband lost his job this past fall... He got a temp. job and I started babysitting at home... we have enough for our bills and utilites but really nothing else... So we are now on food stamps until he is able to get a better job again...

We do not buy any extras or needs... and I was kind of upset because that meant my daughter had to quit dance class ( she loves it ) ... so my mom said she would pay for her dance class for us - which is $30/ month.

So now that my brothers "fiance" ( my parents are trying to talk him out of it because of several other reasons) ...heard about then doing this she is actually mad over it... and said that we need to stop "using the system" and that if we are actually decent people we would have my mom pay for our grocieries to get us off of food stamps, for for dance class...

I told her it isnt like my mom offered to either pay for groceries or dance class ...and that our circumstance is what food stamps were made for and that we are not using the system...I also told her she needs to shut her big trap!

what would you have said

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:26 PM on Jan. 14, 2011 in Relationships

• I would tell her that dance class is part of keeping my daughter happy, it is not abusing the system, it is being a good parent and allowing her to socialise and take up something she enjoys.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 5:28 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I would have been a bit more rude to her. I tend to be quite oppinionated.
    MamaWolf1981

Answer by MamaWolf1981 at 5:28 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I would have said pretty much the same thing. I know when we ran short and weren't going to purchase our usual luxury of season tickets to a local team, my mother purchased them for us as a Christmas gift. We didn't ask her to, she just did it for us. The same for piano lessons for her grandchildren. She wanted them to take piano and offered to pay for it.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 5:29 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I may have had a few choice words that I cant post on here....but telling her to shut her mouth, mind her business and blow it out her butt kinda sums it up....if you qualify for help from the system then you must really need it or they wouldnt give it to you....dont pay attention to her it sounds like ignorance to me.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 5:29 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Just walk away. She does not deserve a reaction.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 5:29 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• the same
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 5:30 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I would have told her no to judge me until she has walked a mile in my shoes.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 5:43 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• In the future don't tell her your business. She should mind her own!
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 5:44 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Shut her big trap!!! Just like that you did good...it is not her business I understand her concern but it really isn't her business... Just ignore her. In her eyes she thinks you need to work just as hard but I guess she does not understand your situation the heck with her. If anything she should support you guys not down you. If your mom wants to help out that is fine that is what family and friends are for and when they are needing help vise-versa. GL Just blow her off if she has nothing nice to say.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 5:49 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• ITS NONE OF HER BUSINESS! OMG , this kind of stuff makes me so livid!
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 7:06 PM on Jan. 14, 2011