I cant handle it !!!!!!

I have tried to stick to a diet for as long as I can remember...

I can usually stick to it unless it comes to 3 things : pizza, ham & cheese hot pockets, and homemade mac and cheese ...... those are the only things I crave ...

We this was day 2 of my diet and I was doing good, I was even proud of myself because my kids ate ham and cheese hot pockets for lunch , and I just sat there and watched them as I ate my veggie stirfry ...

But it really did it because tonight my husband went and got a pizza - my favorite kind.... and I KNOW he did it on purpose !!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:30 PM on Jan. 14, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• what a jerk! lol
    i cant keep on a diet either. if you get any good ideas for staying on one let me know!
    JOR_HAIL

Answer by JOR_HAIL at 5:31 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Exactly the same as JOR_HAIL said, I can't stick to one for the life of me. I see food and bam I'm off it and it's more than 3-4 things for me! I'm just trying to eat the same and exercise more!
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 5:31 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• why feed your kids hot pockets. They should be eating vegie stir fry too. Hot pockets are not nutritious.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 5:34 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• If I were you I would have added up the amount of calories I had eaten in the day and figure out how many over that would have put you for the day. If you were under, then I would have eaten the piece of pizza just to have rewarded myself for maintaining a healthy balance of calories. The cheese is healthy, the sauce is full of antioxidants, and the crust is carbs, and the body needs a certain amount of oil daily for maintenance. Even if you ate half of a slice you could still enjoy the pizza and still try to calm your craving for the pizza.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 5:35 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Dieting is temporary and that's why it's so hard and doesn't work. It's about changing how you view food and what/why you eat. Why should any food be "forbidden" or "bad"? As long as you do things in moderation, a little homemade mac and cheese or 1 slice of pizza is not a dietary no-no.

I've cut some things from my routine just because I find them too hard to moderate. Yet. (Like candy) But if I eat a piece, I don't throw my hands up, say I've given up and eat the whole bag.

Be patient, be forgiving, be positive! It can be done!
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 5:35 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• It is hard when your favorite food is in front of you..but you gotta stay strong! You obviously did it with the Hot Pockets, so pretend that's what the pizza is so you're not as tempted. lol.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 6:02 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• i make a rule... the entire house is on a healthy eatingkick WITH me... if its junk it doesn't come in the house... if it's not healthy, it doesn't come in the house... it's simply rude for your hubbs and kids to eat unhealthy options for lunch/dinner in front of you.
    asil

Answer by asil at 9:50 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• eat it in moderation - have only 1 slice of pizza, make mac & cheese with skim milk & cheese, limit portions
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 2:08 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Sorry he did that. Smack him a good one and tell him to cut it out.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 8:08 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Tell him to be supportive and make a healthy dinner.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 11:37 AM on Jan. 16, 2011