Changing diapers and bathing

Does your SO change your LO's diapers/bathe or dress him/her? when is it okay for a SO to do so (other then when your married)?

MamaWolf1981

Asked by MamaWolf1981 at 5:31 PM on Jan. 14, 2011 in General Parenting

• I'm married to their dad. He never bathed my older kids (they were 4, 5, and 8 when we started dating - but in fairness my 8 year old is very disabled and still needed help bathing, but I did it). I don't think it's ever okay for a male that's not a father to bathe/dress a child. It's not a fear of mine, just don't think it's a smart position to put a child or a man in. I was told by a policeman that it was a smart move on my part - my ex tried to say that my husband had sexually abused my oldest, but it was obviously proven false.

Answer by missanc at 5:35 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• My husband baths and changes both of our kids. I have a 3 yo and a 7 month old.
    DanyielJ

Answer by DanyielJ at 5:44 PM on Jan. 14, 2011