Happy Meal toys

Does anyone really think that kids want to get a Happy Meal because of the toy? My kids were smart enough to know that there are much better toys at the $ store - they just wanted the burger and fries (and to play on the playground!)

Asked by missanc at 5:32 PM on Jan. 14, 2011 in General Parenting

• If that is the case buy a $1 hamburger a $1 fry and a glass of free water. Save your money. They will still let you play on the playground.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 5:37 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• nah, we usually throw them away or give them to the dogs to chew on lol
    2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 5:33 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I think most kids just want to eat out, something about eating out is "cool".
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:33 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Mine does

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:33 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• MIne love the whole thing. I have 5 so they obviously were all different. Most of them could care less about either the toy or the meal they just liked the playground lol.

Answer by gemgem at 5:33 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• my kids have only had happy meals twice and they were both rather disappointed w/ the toys. they'd seen them on a commercial looking bigger/better.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 5:34 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Around here you can get large chips or a toy. So they get large fries. I eat excess large fries & any left over nuggets. We save mummy's food money then we go to the pound store and buy a few little games or something. It works well!
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 5:35 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• SURE. But all the places have them. So there's no *preference* for Mc Donalds based on the toys---and frankly, if it makes them happy and I'm buying fast food anyway, it's not an incentive.
    charlottej

Answer by charlottej at 5:35 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• The only reason I buy the Happy Meal is because it has a smaller portion. It has nothing at all to do with the toy, at least not for me.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 5:35 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• oh goodness yes its about the toy. but my kids know that they dont get the toy until they have ate everything. and even then they play with it for a little while then its forgotten and trashed.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 5:35 PM on Jan. 14, 2011