So I was tested for genital herpes today and I'm married...

We broke up for a year before we got married and both were STD tested before we got married. I have a sore on my back side (inside) and my dr tested me for herpes today. Has this ever happened to anyone? I'm sick to my stomach.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:40 PM on Jan. 14, 2011 in Health

• Are you on any antibiotics? I know that seems like an odd question but I was on antibiotics when I had pneumonia and had them too & thought the same thing...but wasn't sexually active. I mentioned it to someone who said they had the same thing from some antibiotics. After I quit taking them it was gone. And I am STD free...it wasn't a coincidence.
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 5:48 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Well with herpes you can have the virus in you for as long as 2-3 years before you get an outbreak. when you got tested, were you tested for herpes as well? Because i know some clinics only test for herpes when you have an outbreak only or when you specificaly ask for it.I have it & i will never know if my ex gave it to me or if i gave it to him.Like i sd i have it, if you come back positive dnt let it get you down, it wont be the end of the world, u can still have kids& there are meds that can help you.
    Anonymous

• In your anus or on the inside of your buttcrack?
    there are several strains of herpes,not all are considered genital. One is like the one you get on your lip. My cousin had that one on her vulva. it was from her BF going down on her while he had a coldsore

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:49 PM on Jan. 14, 2011