Lice!!! Please Help!

My DD has a dry scalp so when she started scratching today, I was concerned. Then at bath time I relized she has lice. She's 2! The only place we went this weekend was a birthday party so I guess she got it there. Is there anything that works, I really don't want to use any chemicals on her she's so little. I've done washed everything. All the stuffed animals are put up. We don't have carpet but I vacummed the couch. I really want to get rid of this fast before I catch it. My youngest doesn't have hair, and neither does my DH. Please anyone know what to do???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:31 PM on Nov. 12, 2008 in General Parenting

• The one and (hopefully) only time my kids got lice my middle daughter was about 18 months. We washed everything and I combed out her hair with one of those lice combs. I found next to the RIT lice junk. It worked really well and the lice didn't come back.

Lornamay

Answer by Lornamay at 9:35 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Something you can use on her hair is Mayo. Yes. Mayonnaise. Leave it on for a half hour. It will suffocate them. Then get yourself a lice comb, and make sure to remove all of the eggs (usually found behind the ears and a the nape of the neck, attached to the hair follicle close to the scalp.

If you need more information please message me, I know more than I should on this issue (my sister had it a lot as a child, and then when she moved into my house this past summer she brought a mild case with her *sigh*)

I have to go, my 6 month old is screaming at her dad, lol, but if you need more info message me please.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 9:49 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• When I was a kid, and came back from camp with lice, she soaked my head in Vinegar, combed it and then wrapped it up tight with cloth for a half hour! I reeked for a couple days, but it worked. Make sure you clean everyhting! even the toothbrush or just throw it away, I remember my mom boiling eveything! and washing everything too!
    Anonymous

• You can also use baby lotion. Just cover her head in it and wrap something around it keep it on for a while (yes, I know how hard that can be w/ a 2 yr old!) but you need to suffocate them. Then wash it out, comb the hair out. Nits takes 2 weeks to hatch into new lice so, keep checking her because in 2 wks you could be back to square one if you dont get all the eggs out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• u should use lice comb and there r a spray they sell in the pharmices for lice to kill them
    and wash everything with hot water the bed sheets and pillows to make sure that u get rid of them
    fire

Answer by fire at 6:30 AM on Nov. 13, 2008