diaper rash

My son has a very bad diaper rash i have a&d ointment, and berts bees ointment i dont think either one of them is really helping. Any suggestion on how to help or what is the best thing to get for him

his88angel

Asked by his88angel at 6:09 PM on Jan. 14, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• BUTT PASTE works really well or you can also use constarch every baby skin is different so you just have to keep trying different creams. On my older daughter Balmex worked GREAT! I hope this helps, ohh also you can clean the skin and make sure it is completly dry from moisture and use Vaselline on him I here that also works.
    Nancygray2

Answer by Nancygray2 at 6:16 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Could be a yeast infection. You might need a prescription. If it's just diaper rash. Make sure you use a barrier like the A&D that you are using and clean the area when you change him soap and water rather than using wipes. Aquaphor is also really great. I used to use that before the putting on the diaper rash cream and let my son run around with out a diaper for a little bit.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 6:50 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Well, you may have to let him go commando and air out the area. If that doesn't work......it is probably a yeast infection like Syphon stated. I
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 7:53 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• He may need to go naked from the waist down to air it out! Desitin maximum relief works the best for me! I hope he rids of it asap I know they never feel to good for our little ones!!
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 10:32 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Desitin has always worked wonders on my boys.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 11:10 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I found that my son used to SCREAM when I put anything like that on him when he had a bad rash. There are chemicals in those that can tend to burn. When he had bad rashes, which were rare, I used to clean him up real good, then put vaseline on him. That way, there were no chemicals on him, but the pee couldn't get to the rash either when he went again. Make sure, if you do this, that you clean the whole area COMPLETELY at each diaper change to make sure no bacteria starts to grow in the vaseline.
    TitusMom7

Answer by TitusMom7 at 1:06 AM on Jan. 15, 2011