Do you honestly think the healthcare bill will be repealed?

This is just a GOP stunt: "House Republicans are doing this for show," and everybody knows it, says Steve Benen in Washington Monthly. There is zero chance the Senate will agree to this "public-relations stunt," and Obama's veto power seals its failure. Besides, would Republicans really want their first big act upon taking control of the House to involve "taking away health care coverage for millions" and "making seniors pay more for prescription drugs"?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:19 PM on Jan. 14, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes, I really do think that eventually it will be repealed. It is not what the majority of American people wanted and it is not an answer the the health care crisis in this country.
    CocoaQT

Answer by CocoaQT at 6:22 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• WOW! Can I just Ditto Cocoa?? GREAT response :)
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 6:22 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• ^^^what CocoaQT said^^^ Best answer
    Anonymous

• Yes I do maybe not real soon but yes absolutely.I would be satisfied with parts being trashed/defunded for now.This bill is NOT reform.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 6:30 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• No , I don't think it will be. I have heard several commentators recently who say it will be a futile effort to repeal it.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:33 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

BEST ANSWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Bumpity Bump. Bump, Bump!!!

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 6:33 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Nope.
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 6:37 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I think that they will try, but no. Not refusing pre- existing illnesses, letting you child on your health insurance till a certain age, putting a stop to out of control drug companies and preventing them from making us choose before medication before food. Sounds liek some parts of this bill we can't do without.

emilysmom1966

Answer by emilysmom1966 at 6:41 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I don't know. I surely hope so though.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:06 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• In U.S., 46% Favor, 40% Oppose Repealing Healthcare Law
    Three-quarters of Republicans favor repeal; 64% of Democrats oppose it

I wouldn't say that a MAJORITY.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:17 PM on Jan. 14, 2011