who uses a hypenated name?

I don't, I kept my own name.
I got heck for not at least hypenating it from the old hens with nothing better to do. Some even tried to tell me it's not legal to not take your husband's name at all.

I've talk to women about the hyphen thing and many wish they didn't because people ignore anything before the hyphen.
A former roommate hyphened her name and ended up with a name over 20 characters long!

who hyphenated their name and happy they did?

ItsMe89

Asked by ItsMe89 at 6:21 PM on Jan. 14, 2011 in Relationships

• I only do on Facebook

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:29 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I did. I was working for a very large company when I got married. I didn't want to loose the name I had worked hard to establish with business colleagues and clients; and I did want to acknowledge the marriage. It was never a problem except with a couple of 'old school' business associates who regularly acted like they couldn't remember both parts.
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 7:04 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• my name is but both names are hubbys. my maiden name is burdick but because his name is the name we put on the marriage liscens and kids birth certificate. but my new last name is arangoa-espino
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 7:06 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Officially I took my husband's name, I'm traditional in that sense and I wanted to proudly be known by his name. However for the first couple years I used both names because I had just started establishing myself at the company I worked for; now I'm at a level where my reputation speaks for itself and whether I use my maiden name (Vallon) or my married name (Kennedy) doesn't matter. In fact I think being known as a Kennedy in this town holds more weight because his family is slightly more known.
    anon1986East

Answer by anon1986East at 8:15 PM on Jan. 14, 2011