HELP want to fly home

I want to go home where my family lives in june or july but plane tickets are outragous for me and my two little ones 6 an 8 year old it is over 900 dollars for one week.Any advice on how to get a good deal on tickets?!?!?!?Thanks

proudmom34

Asked by proudmom34 at 6:23 PM on Jan. 14, 2011 in Travel

• check orbitz.com and some of the other travel websites. They usually have good deals on tickets. Keep checking back.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 6:25 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• look up amtrek tickets. for the train
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 6:25 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Just keep looking at all different times. Try to be flexible. Fly put of air ports that are big, the bigger the better. Even if it is a drive thee has is cheaper than the difference in ticket prices.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 6:25 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I would do as the above posters said. Is it $900 for one or $900 for three round trip tickets? If it is for three, I doubt you will find any better.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 6:29 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I know how you feel I wanted to fly home in March for spring break and that is what I got but when I cut the days short like Tue. To Fri. The total was 503.96 but that was 2 wks ago the tickets are constantly changing the only reason we are not going is bc my dh made plans for us to go see snow we live in South Texas it NEVER snows here maybe 2 times in the past 20 yrs. :/ GL Hope you find it cheap somewhere I use Southwest Airlines.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 6:30 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• If its $900 for all three tickets not a bad price! But you can try switching your days around it is usually cheaper to fly midweek then it is on weekends.
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 6:40 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Take into account that the price of jet fuel will go up since the price of gas at the pump will up to $4 by summer time. So, airlines industry just past on the cost to the consumer. I do think the price of $900 is pretty for 3 individuals.

Try CheapOAir to see if you can get a better price.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 9:25 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• If you have time....Amtrak is very cheap and the seats are very comfy. Your children would probably enjoy if you have the time.
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 6:11 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• $ 900.00 is not that bad but keep checking - you might find $200-$250 r/t. Also, have you thought about an alternate means of transportation..Train? Bus?..Might be cheaper but prob
    Liveyourlifeval

Answer by Liveyourlifeval at 9:37 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• not more convenient.
    Liveyourlifeval

Answer by Liveyourlifeval at 9:38 AM on Jan. 16, 2011