"Eating Around"

I've heard the phrase "eating around" used to describe subbing something for a craved food that is either unavailable or unhealthy. Some say it helps, others say it makes it worse because you eat *everything else* except what you craved.

What about you? Do you eat around something you want but can't or shouldn't have? If you do, what works for you?

geminilove

Asked by geminilove at 6:24 PM on Jan. 14, 2011 in Food & Drink

• My LO is allergic to peanut butter. Im nursing so I cant eat it either. I just avoid it all together. If I crave a PB&J, I eat a ham sandwhich instead. is that eating around? lol
    MelaniesMama

Answer by MelaniesMama at 6:26 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Mama, yep, kind of. Usually, I hear it referred to in weight loss situations, but yeah.... same idea.
    geminilove

Comment by geminilove (original poster) at 6:30 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I usually take my craving, and remake it. If I want pizza....I make my own with whole wheat flour, part skim mozz and smother it with vegetables. It's amazing how after making things yourself and healthier........they actually taste better too!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 7:26 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• If no snickers around,I eat around a milkyway.And around I mean..choc 1 st on all sides then the top."blush"
    Isiswolfe

Answer by Isiswolfe at 12:15 AM on Jan. 15, 2011